Art File Prep
Please follow these guidelines when preparing art to be submitted for your project.
- PDF (PDF files are the preferred format for art submission. Please include the bleed area and save without template lines)
- Adobe InDesign (.indd – versions CS4 – 2019. Please ‘package’ all fonts and linked images, or export to hi-res PDF without template lines.)
- Adobe Illustrator (Please export to hi-res PDF or EPS without template lines.)
- Adobe Photoshop (Please export to hi-res PDF without template lines.)
- QuarkXPress (Please export to hi-res PDF without template lines.)
PHOTOS OR IMAGES:
- PDF (.pdf)
- Photoshop (up to version CS5.5) (.psd)
- TIFF (.tif)
- Photoshop EPS (.eps)
- JPEG (.jpg)
- Windows Bitmaps (.bmp)
- Please avoid sending GIF or PNG formatted files. These do not print well, as they are compressed for web display.
We accept PostScript, OpenType, or TrueType fonts.
- When providing packaged files, please include all fonts used in your project.
- All files must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (dots per inch). We gladly accept higher resolutions as well.
- Please avoid any images obtained from the web. These are usually only 72 dpi and are not suitable for printing.
- All files/images must be provided in CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color mode.
- Please provide all Black and White files/images in greyscale color mode.
- Please contact a Design Guru at MRP for more information.
The outer edge of the artwork is considered the “safety (or bleed) area” that is utilized for cutting. No important images or text should be placed within this area. Although an 1/8 (.125) of an inch is the minimum, we strongly recommend you use a 1/4 inch (.25). All of this is provided for you in our templates, which you can download here.
Here is an example of the correct way to submit your files:
This is an example of how NOT to submit your files:
Here is an example of how the same file can be submitted incorrectly. If you notice, the file was designed with all of the type and important graphics right up to the edge of the canvas. This results in the cutting of logos, fonts, and important graphics.
There may be slight shifting in the finishing process. Please keep all critical elements at least 1/8 (.125) inch from the final cut line (finished edge). This is why we suggest that you allow 1/4 inch (.25) for bleed!
VINYL LABEL ART:
- Please submit all vinyl label art as a solid image with no knock-out (center hole) present.
- All previously mentioned color and resolution standards apply to the vinyl label as well.
- Pantone color selections are required for solid color inks used on the vinyl label.
- All of our templates have guides showing the print area of our various label printing options. You can download vinyl label print templates here.
You may email your art files to your customer service representative at MRP. You may also mail a disc containing your art to the following address:
Memphis Record Pressing
ATTN: Design Gurus
3015 Brother Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38133
Once we receive your art, we will double-check that it is formatted correctly and email you a proof. Please proof your materials carefully and closely! Also be sure to read the proof email, as it explains color variations and what to look for when proofing.
If you have any questions, please let us know!