Audio File Prep
When submitting your audio files, it is recommended that you keep a few key details in mind:
- Do not exceed the maximum recommended playing lengths per side (see below). Longer playing times lead to a decrease in the recording level (volume) and dynamics.
- Place powerful tracks at the beginning of each side instead of the end of the side. The conditions for reading vinyl records gets worse as the diameter decreases towards the center of the record.
- Please supply a complete track list that includes track times and the respective side breaks for each side of the LP (Side A / Side B, Side C / Side D, etc.). Also include the total running time for each side.
- Remember to ensure the data on the track list corresponds with the master, the labels and all artwork involved.
- WAV (Windows PCM)-uncompressed audio
- Bit Resolution Accepted: 16 or 24 bit.
Suggested maximum playing times (minutes):
|Vinyl Diameter||33 ⅓ RPM||45 RPM|
If MRP will also host your digital downloads, please remember to send us hi-resolution (320K) MP3 files of your album in addition to the .WAV format. Make sure all metadata is included.
Email is not recommended for transferring audio files, due to their large file size. Please send via FTP (details available from your MRP Customer Service Rep.,) or via any file sharing service, such as WeTransfer, Hightail, or Dropbox.